After obtaining a work permit, employers may need to obtain a duplicate permit in connection with the correction or updating of data.
In what cases is a duplicate work permit required?
According to paragraph 77 of the Rules for Issuing Permits, a previously issued permit may be reissued for the following reasons:
- Change of the surname, first name, patronymic, number and series of the identity document of the foreign employee. For example, a foreign citizen has changed his passport due to the expiration of the old one or the end of blank pages in it.
- Reorganization of an employer-a legal entity in the Republic of Kazakhstan or a branch (representative office) of a foreign legal entity in the form of merger, accession, division, separation or transformation.
- Changing the name of the employer or the details that were specified in the work permit.
Also, in practice, we submit documents for the registration of a duplicate if, in the permit, mistakes were made in the data of the foreigner, the details of the company or the position of the employee.
Is it possible to submit documents online and what documents are required for this?
An application for a duplicate permit, due to the above reasons, is submitted only through the e-government web portal www.elicense.kz . The list of documents is attached according to Exhibit №3 of the Rules. It is important to attach a document that indicates the changes. For example, a new employee passport, a certificate of state registration of the company, and so on.
How much does it cost to issue a duplicate work permit?
Payment of the state fee is not provided for the reissue of a work permit, because the document is “attached” to a previously issued work permit, namely for the company and the position of a specialist. Thus, you will only need to pay for the services of immigration consultants.
How long does the process of reissuing a work permit take?
The Department of Employment and Social Programs reissues the permit within five working days from the date of filing an application for an e-license without submitting documents at a meeting of the Commission. The answer to the application will be received through the employer’s “personal account” on the e-license portal. It takes 2-3 working days to prepare the documents for the application. Thus, the total time will be no more than 7-10 working days.
What will be the endurance of the new work permit?
The reissued permit is issued for the period remaining until the expiration of the originally issued permit, but with the assignment of a new permit number.
When should I start the work permit renewal process?
In advance of the expiration of the reissued permit, it is necessary to start the process of extending it. The extension of the validity period of the permit to attract foreign labor is allowed no earlier than 60 calendar days and no later than 30 calendar days before the expiration of the permit.
If there are less than 30 days left after the renewal of the permit, then you can submit the employee’s documents as for the initial receipt of the permit. It differs in that the diploma(s) of education, as well as information about employment, are additionally attached to the application.
Other immigration procedures that may be required:
- Applying for a quota.
- Obtaining a category C 3 work visa.
- Extending a category C3 work visa.
- Registration of the IIN.
- Submission of a notification of entry to the migration service.
- Submission of monthly reports.
- Cancellation of work permit and work visa.