For how long is an electronic visa can be issued? Can a multi-entry visa be issued?
Electronic visas are only for single entrance. There is no possibility to get multiple ones. Endurance of visas: B1, B2, B3, B12 – single entry for up to 90 days. The period of stay on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan is no more than 30 days. The validity period of the C12 visa is 180 days. The period of stay on the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan is no more than 90 days.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Foreign citizens can arrive and depart from Kazakhstan on the basis of electronic visas only through the checkpoints of international airports. Land border crossing is impossible, as well as through airports that do not have international status. The status of international airports in Kazakhstan has the airports of Astana, Almaty, Atyrau, Aktau, etc.
How long does the process take and what are the advantages compared to the standard process?
The standard process for obtaining a visa consists of two stages:
- Registration of an invitation letter in the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- Pasting a visa at the Embassy of Kazakhstan abroad.
The procedure for obtaining an electronic visa also consists of 2 stages:
Step №1 remains unaffected, as is the case with the standard process. The inviting party issues an invitation letter and receives a visa support number. The process takes an average of 5 working days from the date of registration of the invitation. In rare cases, consideration of documents is extended up to 30 calendar days due to approval by the National Security Committee.
The difference lies in step №2: a foreign applicant does not need to visit the embassy and, accordingly, pass an interview. The visa is issued through the visa and migration portal online. First you need to register on the portal. Then the personal data of the foreign citizen is filled in, indicating the data from the invitation letter; then the passport data is verified and confirmed, the amount of the consular fee is paid, and upon completion the visa will be ready in the personal account.
An electronic visa is issued within 30 minutes. The visa is valid only for the main applicant and is not issued for accompanying persons.
Step-by-step instructions for obtaining a visa on the portal:
- Authorization of a foreign citizen on the visa and migration portal.
- Click on the “electronic visa” window.
- Select the country, the multiplicity of the visa and click on the “get a visa” window.
- Fill in the information (invitation number, passport data).
- Proceed to the payment of the consular fee.
- In the “Visas” section, get an electronic original visa with a QR code.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION: when entering / leaving, as well as staying in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan, foreign citizens must have an electronic visa in printed form together with the original passport. After the arrival of a foreign citizen in Kazakhstan, the receiving party is obliged to notify the Migration Service within 3 working days. If a foreigner has changed his passport, then an electronic visa must be obtained again.
Who can get an electronic visa to Kazakhstan?
According to the current visa regulations, citizens of 109 countries can apply for one of the categories of single-entry electronic visas (e-Visa) to Kazakhstan, according to Appendix 4-4 to the Rules for Executing Invitations and Issuing Visas.
- Algerian People’s Democratic Republic
- The Republic of Angola
- Principality of Andorra
- Antigua and Barbuda
- Commonwealth of the Bahamas
- People’s Republic of Bangladesh
- Republic of Belize
- The Republic of Benin
- Plurinational State of Bolivia
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Republic of Botswana
- The State of Brunei Darussalam
- Burkina Faso
- Republic of Burundi
- The Kingdom of Bhutan
- Republic of Vanuatu
- Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela
- The Gabonese Republic
- The Cooperative Republic of Guyana
- The Republic of Haiti
- Republic of the Gambia
- Republic of Ghana
- The Republic of Guatemala
- Republic of Guinea
- Republic of Guinea-Bissau
- Republic of Honduras
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region
- Republic of Djibouti
- The Commonwealth of Dominica
- Dominican Republic
- Arab Republic of Egypt
- Republic of Zambia
- Republic of Zimbabwe
- Republic of India
- Islamic Republic of Iran
- Kingdom of Cambodia
- Republic of Cameroon
- Republic of Kenya
- Republic of Kiribati
- Democratic People’s Republic of Korea
- People’s Republic of China
- Republic of the Congo
- Republic of Costa Rica
- Republic of Ivory Coast
- Republic of Cuba
- Lao People’s Democratic Republic
- Kingdom of Lesotho
- Republic of Liberia
- The Lebanese Republic
- Republic of Mauritius
- Islamic Republic of Mauritania
- The Republic of Madagascar
- Macao Special Administrative Region (Macao)
- Republic of North Macedonia
- Republic of Malawi
- Republic of Mali
- Republic of Maldives
- Kingdom of Morocco
- Republic of the Marshall Islands
- Republic of Mozambique
- The Republic of the Union of Myanma
- Republic of Namibia
- Republic of Nauru
- Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal
- Republic of Niger
- Federal Republic of Nigeria
- The Republic of Nicaragua
- Republic of Palau
- Republic of Panama
- Independent State of Papua New Guinea
- Republic of Paraguay
- Republic of Peru
- Republic of Rwanda
- Republic of El Salvador
- Independent State of the Republic of San Marino
- Democratic Republic of Sao Tome and Principe
- The Kingdom of Eswatini
- Republic of Seychelles
- Republic of Senegal
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis
- Saint Lucia
- Republic of Suriname
- Republic of Sierra Leone
- United Republic of Tanzania
- Togolese Republic
- Kingdom of Tonga
- Republic of Trinidad and Tobago
- Tunisian Republic
- Republic of Uganda
- Eastern Republic of Uruguay
- Faroe Islands
- Republic of Fiji
- Central African Republic
- The Republic of Chad
- Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka
- The State of Eritrea
- Federal Democratic Republic of Ethiopia
- South Africa
How much does it cost to apply for an electronic visa?
When issuing an invitation, the receiving party pays a state fee of 0.5 MCI (1725 tenge in 2023).
The amount of the consular fee paid on the visa and migration portal is 60 USD for a tourist visa, 80 USD for a business visa, 80 USD for a medical visa.
Who is exempt from paying consular fees?
- Members of foreign official delegations and accompanying persons traveling to the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Foreigners traveling to the Republic of Kazakhstan to participate in events of national and international significance (symposiums, conferences and other political, cultural, scientific and sporting events);
- Foreigners traveling to the Republic of Kazakhstan at the invitation of the Administration of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Parliament of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Constitutional Council of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Supreme Court of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Central Election Commission of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Office of the President of the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Office of the Prime Minister of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Foreigners traveling to the Republic of Kazakhstan with humanitarian aid,
- Employees of international organizations
- Foreigners traveling to the Republic of Kazakhstan at the invitation of foreign diplomatic missions and consular offices, as well as international organizations accredited in the Republic of Kazakhstan, on the basis of the principle of reciprocity
- Foreigners – holders of diplomatic and service passports
- Children under 16 years of age on the basis of the principle of reciprocity
- Persons of Kazakh nationality who are not citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- Former citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan permanently residing abroad and traveling to the Republic of Kazakhstan for the funeral of close relatives
- For issuing investor, official, and diplomatic visas
- For issuing repeated visas instead of primary visas containing errors made by officials of the service provider.
What are the requirements for a passport of a foreign citizen?
When issuing visas for foreign citizens, there are certain passport requirements. Even if there is an approved and agreed visa support number, this does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.
The applicant’s passport must meet the following criteria:
- it should not cause doubts about the authenticity and belonging to its owner, contain marks, reservations, notes, erasures and corrections, torn or embroidered pages.
- must have at least 2 blank pages intended for visas, with the exception of visa recipients for departure from the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- its validity period must expire no earlier than 3 months from the expiration date of the requested visa, with the exception of visa recipients for departure from the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- must not have marks on the extension of the validity period.
Regarding the existence of at least 2 blank pages: logically, this is not required to obtain an electronic visa. At the same time, there is such an interpretation in the legislation and without exception for electronic visas.
Can foreign employees work with an electronic visa?
Electronic visas are issued for the purpose of tourism, business trips and medical treatment. Each of these categories of visas does not give the right to work, receive remuneration or conclude an employment contract. Visas granting the right to work are described here.
Can family members get visas as accompanying persons?
Unfortunately, no. Electronic visas are issued in those categories that do not provide accompanying persons.