Which documents are and are not subject to recognition?
- Foreign documents on secondary, secondary technical, higher, and postgraduate education are subject to recognition.
- A diploma supplement is also a mandatory document for the recognition procedure.
- Diplomas on professional retraining with the award of qualification in a certain field are not subject to the recognition procedure.
- Documents on education issued by foreign higher education institutions, scientific centers, and laboratories to citizens of the Republic of Kazakhstan – holders of the international scholarship “Bolashak” are recognized without undergoing recognition procedures.
- Documents on education obtained at the branch of the Lomonosov Moscow State University in the Republic of Kazakhstan are recognized without undergoing recognition procedures.
- Education documents issued by the CIS member states before May 15, 1992, are recognized without undergoing the recognition procedure.
Methods of providing the state service
Officially, the acceptance of the application and issuance of the result of the state service is carried out through:
- non-profit joint-stock company “State-owned Corporation “Government for Citizens“.
- web portal of “e-government”
Term of rendering the service of diploma nostrification
The term of consideration of documents on education, issued in the country-participant of the Hague Convention, an international treaty providing for the abolition of legalization of official documents, is:
- for subdivisions of the State-owned Corporation of Astana city – 30 working days;
- for subdivisions of the State-owned Corporation of other regions – 45 working days, taking into postal delivery;
- when applying on the portal – 30 working days.
In case the document on education is legalized or apostilled in the country of issue:
- for subdivisions of the State-owned Corporation of Astana city – 15 working days;
- for subdivisions of the State-owned Corporation of other regions – 30 working days, taking into postal delivery;
- when applying on the portal – 15 working days.
In case of absence of response to the primary request for confirmation of the fact of issuance of the document and availability of the foreign educational organization of the right to carry out educational activities, a repeated request is sent, and the term of consideration of the application for recognition/nostrification of documents on education is extended for 10 working days.
How much does the service of diploma nostrification cost?
- Cost of the state fee for recognition/nostrification:
- Documents on basic secondary and general secondary education – 6 MCI.
- Documents on technical and professional education – 8 MCI.
- Documents on higher and postgraduate education – 10 MCI.
- Production of a duplicate certificate of recognition or nostrification of an educational document – 3 MCI.
List of documents required for document nostrification:
- application for document recognition.
- copy of the document on education and its annex with apostille/legalization mark. The original is required for verification.
- a copy of the passport of the diploma holder.
- payment receipt